The Gear List is final
Maps this year by MyTopo
2012 Race Information
Planet Adventure Challenge: 10-Hour & 30-Hour Adventure Race
For 2012, Planet Adventure is combining the traditional PA Sprint Race with the PA Challenge to bring you a combined race in Southern Indiana.
Back for it's 11th year, our goal is to once again offer as challenging a race experience as possible. Since 2009 we've really tried to do our best to provide as much "old school" challenge in a condensed format, and in terrain that doesn't always lend itself to the traditional long point to point races.
All of you that have competed in the Challenge the past few years know that we always do our best to make sure that the race earns the name "challenge" and gives you all the most bang for the buck that we can manage. Those of you that were at that 2009 race may have gotten a little bit too much value...
We've got another great course lined up this year and we're continuing to evolve the event. For the first time ever the PA Sprint race will be co-located with the 30 hour Challenge. Similar to recent years it will be traditional in format, with a cutoff of 10 hours. For those of you that have done the Sprint in the past, it will be a managable course and will have all the elements that you're accustomed to. Yes, that probably means you'll want to prepare for some moderately difficult navigation.
Providing that Mother Nature actually cooperates with us for once, (we're not holding our breath, and nor should you) we are planning to incorporate ropes in to both courses this year. Updates on that will be posted as we get things ironed out.
Date and Location
Date: Friday, April 27 through Sunday, April 29
Location: Derby Indiana (more details to come)
Lodging: See Below
- Friday, April 27:
- Check In: Opens at 5pm on site.
- 30-Hour Pre-Race Meeting: 9pm
- 30-Hour Start Time: Be prepared to start at midnight, Friday, April 27
- Saturday, April 28
- 10-Hour Pre-Race Meeting: 8am
- 10-Hour Race Start: 10am
- 10-Hour Race Cutoff: 8pm
- Sunday, April 29
- 30-Hour Race Cutoff: 6am
- Awards to follow each event.
Divisions & Pricing
- 10-Hour Race
- 3 or 4 Person Coed (Premier Division, combined)
- 2, 3 or 4 Person Open (all male, all female, 2-person coed)
- 30-Hour Race
- 4 Person Coed (Premier Division)
- 2, 3 or 4 Person Open (all male, all female, 3-person coed)
- 10-Hour Race
- $55 per person for the first 10 teams
- $70 per person for teams 11-20
- After that, $85 per person until April 24, 2012
- 30-Hour Race
- $90 per person for the first 10 teams
- $120 per person for teams 11-20
- After that, $155 per person until April 24, 2012
- Note: All pricing is determined by payment date and not registration date.
There are lots of great places to stay the weekend. Several of the cabins are offering deals if you mention you're racing the Planet Adventure Race
- Ohio River Cabins
- Forgotten Times Cabins
- Derby Cabins on the Ohio
- Colucci River Cabins
- Twin Lakes Cedar Cabins
- Vinnies River Cabins
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites
- 310 Orchard Hill Drive
- Tell City, IN 47586
- 66 rooms with 20 suites and indoor pool, business center, meeting room, etc.
- Advanced Reservations or information: 1-812-547-0800 or 1-800-HOLIDAY
- Ramada Limited
- 235 Orchard Hill Drive
- Tell City, Indiana 47586
- Phone: 1-812-547-3234
- National Toll-free: 1-800-272-6232
- Blue Heron Vineyards Bed & Breakfast
- 7757 Hwy 66 E
- Cannelton, IN 47520
- Phone: 812-547-7518
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Camping & RV Sites
- Hoosier National Forest: Tipsaw and Indian-Celina Campgrounds have modern facilities and showers. 248 15th Street, Tell City, Indiana 47586, Phone: 1-812-547-7051
- Rocky Point Camping, Junction SR 66 & SR 166, 7400 East State Road 66, Cannelton, Indiana 47520, Phone: 1-812-548-0611
- Glen Wood Hills Campground, 10747 Tide Road, Derby, Indiana 47525, Contact: Mark and Shelley Morris, Phone: 812-836-2769
- Cedar Valley Park, HC 60, Box 329B, Derby, Indiana 47525, Phone: 812-836-2311
Call us at 317-324-8299
Send us real mail:
Planet Adventure LLC
PO Box 3498
Carmel IN 46082